Welcome to M.E.G.A - Please sign in or register to join in the fun!

Audi B8 A4 Radio Reception Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Audi B8 A4 Radio Reception Issues

Post by Matty86 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:12 pm

The radio reception in my 2011 A4 is terrible... I don't know if it's because it's always switching from HD to normal or what... And considering it has the "premium" German speakers, the audio really isn't very good at all. I haven't bought the adapter yet to try playing music from my phone, hopefully that will sound better, but not at all impressed with the audio so far in the two weeks I've had the car. Crying or Very sad

Matty86
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Audi B8 A4 Radio Reception Issues

Post by Matty86 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 pm

I just realized I had a 3 month trial of Sirius radio... MUCH better sound quality. So I guess the poor sound was due to the radio constantly switching between HD and normal def signals. Looks like I'll have to stick with Sirius after my trials up.

Matty86
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan M. on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:25 am

This is really interesting.

A) Yes, the "premium" German sound systems that Audi provides usually are sub-par, including the B&O system option in the Prestige line.

B) My FM radio reception is usually fantastic. Granted, I don't know what stations you're tuning into in Paxton (Worcester stations I assume?) but in the Greater Boston area I usually have no problem with clear reception of the stations, HD or SD.

C) My Sirius quality is fine, but the drop-out rate is horrific! It always seems to be cutting in and out. When the subscription is up and they call you to renew, make sure you fight them for the absolute lowest cost possible. Tell them you have pandora and spotify and don't need another service... you can usually get them down to $4-6 a month.

Ryan M.
Admin

View user profile http://massega.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty86 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:37 am

Yeah my mother has satalite radio in her Hyundai and it cuts it a ton, but it's been great in my car. I listen to mostly country and rap (I know I know..) 102.5, 94.5, 103.3 I think are the stations. They all came in fine in my impala which didn't have hd.

Until I started the Sirius I thought the speakers just weren't meant to play country but it sounds great on the sat radio.. Lol

Matty86
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan M. on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 am

Matty86 wrote:Yeah my mother has satalite radio in her Hyundai and it cuts it a ton, but it's been great in my car. I listen to mostly country and rap (I know I know..) 102.5, 94.5, 103.3 I think are the stations. They all came in fine in my impala which didn't have hd.

Until I started the Sirius I thought the speakers just weren't meant to play country but it sounds great on the sat radio.. Lol

No judgement. My Sirius pre-sets are BPM, The Highway, Pop 2K, and Hip-Hop Nation haha.

As far as the stations you listen to, those are all being broadcast from 45+ miles away. I'm not that surprised that a more high definition radio shows the signal weakness more prevalently than the Impala did.

Ryan M.
Admin

View user profile http://massega.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top